Citi getting tougher on recent credit inquiries?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jbeutel23, May 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbeutel23

jbeutel23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for 5 CC's back on December 14th, and have not had any inquires until this past week. On the 12th I processed another 5 apps. Apart from my reconsideration approval through Chase they all seem to be denied for "too many recent inquiries". In particular with Citi, they keep telling me I have too many inquiries within the past six months. Even after an over the phone reconsideration I was was given the same response by a supervisor, and was declined again when she requested my application be re-evaluated for the Premier card. I was then told I can wait until the inquires become six months old and re-apply; not a likely solution given the fact I just processed another five apps.

During this last rounds of apps I processed on the 12th I had 7 inquiries showing with Experian (used by Citi), and only 3 inquiries WITHIN THE PAST 6 MONTHS.
    Should I keep at it and hope for a better outcome with with a different CSR, write a letter, or is this just how they strict the policy has become for processing credit with Citi?