Citi Executive/Aadvantage World Elite Mastercard Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by flynhwn, Jan 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    How soon after you have applied for a regular AAdvantage Credit Card can you apply for this card?

Also have seen a $200 statement credit but can find no info on it. Does anyone know how to find it without calling in?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would wait three months

Newscience likes this.
  3. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    daninstl likes this.
  4. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've read reports where the "official" wait time is a minimum of eight days between Citi applications.

Of course, whether or not one should apply for different Citi cards just eight days apart is an entirely different matter.

ETA: From MMS...

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know about "official" but the well tested rules from FT are make sure you have not applied for any type of Citi card in the last 8 days, and not for any 2 Citi cards of any type in the last 65 days. These are the rules in effect since last August when they slammed the door on the apply every week Platinum cards and changed the rules.

alohastephen, wharvey and flynhwn like this.
  6. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    BTW I believe these are rounded up some to "play it safe". So if you must I think the real rules are a week and 60 days.

7. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    One question about this card.. the 10k EQM for this card, is it EQM only or has anyone seen EQP post as well.

8. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    EQP is only from BIS miles flown AFAIK.

9. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do we receive a separate card for the AAdmirals club or do we just use our Citi card? If we do get a separate card when does it arrive? Anyone have a timeline?

10. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    You use the Citi Executive card for access. You get two mails from Citi. The first is a FedEx envelope with only a letter with your cash PIN and confirmation you've been approved. 2nd is a LARGE package with the fancy recyclable box with your Executive Card in it. In my case I got the envelope in a couple of days and the box in a couple more.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  11. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, not everyone is getting the fancy box, apparently. YMMV

satman40, Efilon87 and LETTERBOY like this.
  12. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Honestly, I'd have been happier paying $445 for the card, and no box. They probably ran out of boxes -- I think they were kind of overwhelmed by the response.

gconnery and LETTERBOY like this.
  13. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are claims over on FT that this card is churnable. How you'll meet the spend requirements for 2 of these I have no idea...

14. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far I've been turned down twice by Citi for a match from the 75K offer to the 100K. I presume YMMV. I've sent them a screen shot for one more attempt proving I have access to the deal. Suspect it won't work, which I can live with of course.

15. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Instant approval for 26k credit line with no CSR. I used your friends referral code for good karma. It seems to have worked. Thanks\ !

satman40 and jetsetr like this.
  16. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    wife and I did as well. She got a 30,500 CL instantly and I had to move some things around with a 20,500 CL. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

jetsetr likes this.
  17. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice. With a credit line like that you could go out and buy a car with that card to meet the 10k spend requirements :) plus get the 30k in spend miles.

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  18. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just in case somebody takes your comment literally, generally car companies won't let you use a credit card to pay for your car. They don't much like giving up the 3%. They may allow you to pay a portion of it. I've certainly paid $5,000 or $10,000 on an Amex card in the past and gotten away with it. Make sure everything else (interest rate, price etc) is nailed down before suggesting this so they don't just get the money back from you.

alfagirl and LETTERBOY like this.
  19. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    Just applied for this.....called the recon line for approval......shot down by phone rep...waiting for dissed approval letter with more detailed info on why.

20. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hang Up Call Back. Screw up your courage and do it at least one more time. Each rep is different and will take different things into account.

savingrace and curiousgeorge like this.
  21. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    FYI there is now confirmation that the $200 credit will post for any spend regardless of what you spent the first $200 on--it doesn't have to be AA spend. Also it posts with your first statement. Not before.

22. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the first hit I've taken since I've taken up the "hobby".
    I'll see what the rejection letter has for detail and move from there.
    Thanks for the help!

23. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah its hard. I had trouble with I think my first Chase Business application, probably for the Ink Bold. They denied me. I waited a couple of days, screwed up my courage and called back. This time it was no problem at all. You never know if you don't try.

Now this AOL Chase denied me for an Ink Bold VISA since a) I already have the MasterCard and b) I had too many recent inquiries. In this case I thought oh well, I have enough spend on my plate anyway, I probably pushed it by going 3 months with Chase when you usually want to wait longer, this is a once in a lifetime card offer, and I don't really need the points right now, maybe I can wait. I did take a 2nd shot at it but got denied again. Now I'm accepting the situation and thinking of waiting for my next AOR maybe 6 months rather than my "usual" 3-4. Or at least for Chase. Or something. We'll see, plans change all the time. I've cancelled my Personal Amex Green & Platinum MB cards so I can start the clock on a 90 day Gold PRG if a good offer appears ... but of course who knows when that will be.

If I were you I'd take one more run at it.

curiousgeorge likes this.
  24. andhoova

andhoova Silver Member

Status Points:
    The $200 credit showed up on my wife's first statement and it was for regular spend. We did not have any airline spending this month.

25. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am working on meeting min spend on this card and have noticed that several charges have stayed pending for a long time. It is 2/21 My payment to my cable co is still pending that I made on 2/7. That was a large payment as I am paying several months ahead, but not largest I made nor first. Some small charges also seem to stay in pending a very long time. Anyone else notice this?