citi card reject

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by stan, Apr 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was rejected for the 75,000 mile Advantage visa Citicard --because I already had an Advantage Citi card, WHEN I CALLED --THEY TOLD ME "ONLY FOR NEW FIRST TIME ADVANTAGE MEMBERS"

Now I see Citi has an Advantage business MasterCard with 30,000 miles- no fee first year , I have a visa business advantage card. This from the application page:

"Master Card---Earn American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles
    This CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Card offer is only valid for first time CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers who apply pursuant to this offer for an account. The American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements"

Question will they tell me the same reason to reject me ???

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    As far as I know they will reject you for the business card, too. Unless you have more than one business. I have heard of people getting two cards that way.

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Citi has also rejected many people for the business card because they can not supply the REQUIRED documentation.