Citi Bank AMEX Card --> 25,000 AA Points - fee waived

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by euromannn, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citi Bank has a promo for AA FF miles applying for a NO FEE AMEX card.
    As I undertsand it, you must have an exisitng Citi credit card with the fee to be waived.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/us...1&ProspectID=688AFA5C71F5468697B7EE9C6847CA48

Add a Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card to your wallet and earn 25,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within 4 months of card membership. You can also earn 1.2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on purchases for the first 12 months of cardmembership. For complete offer details and to apply for a Citi® / AAdvantage® card, visit www.fly2.citicards.com. Or, to speak with a Citi representative about applying for a Citi® / AAdvantage® card, please call 800-591-4787 (be sure to have your AAdvantage® number handy).

brockb, wrxmom and miles and smiles like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the same promo via snail mail today. It actually is an old promo that has been around for at least a year. I saw it in my account online some time ago, too. But 25,000 miles for a no-fee card makes it a reasonable offer, in my opinion.

brockb and Espan like this.
  3. dogeye

dogeye Member

Status Points:
    is this the same amex card that offers 50k if apply separately? or it's a different card that i can still get after i got the visa and amex 50k offer already?

Andyandy likes this.
  4. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guessing that this will require a hard pull, I think I'll just apply for the card under one of the better offers for new applicants.

5. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are in need of AA miles and can't wait 18-20 months from your last successful AA application, the companion card is the only choice. The older offer is better since it also gives a $50 statement credit for any purchase with AA. So an in-flight meal would count (as per reports on FT).

brockb likes this.
  6. brockb

brockb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm this might be beneficial to me. I'll have to think about this one.