Citi and American Airlines Announce the New CitiBusiness(R) / AAdvantage(R) World MasterCard(R)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by aadmiral, May 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. aadmiral

aadmiral Silver Member

Status Points:
    New Benefits Include Double American Airlines AAdvantage(R) Miles for Purchases on American Airlines and in Select Business Categories, Five Percent Annual AAdvantage Mileage Bonus on Purchases Made and Free First Checked Bag

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ci...essr-aadvantager-world-mastercardr-2012-05-15

The Citi site is here. www.fly.citicards.com

Looks like Citi is repackaging the same card. I don't understand why the have not dropped the forex fees like the Citi Executive World Elite Mastercard. Talk about recycling. I use to charge approximately 3 million dollars on this card until the miles stopped being valid for million mile status last year. I have switched my spend to the Citi Executive card as it is the only card that the miles still count towards million mile status and extra VIP upgrades. If they don't renew that feature at the end of the year, I will probably look to see what credit card I will use for me spend.

BeachMiles, jbcarioca and Kalboz like this.
  2. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad 30,000 miles doesn't buy too much and can't compete with last years 75,000/ 100,000 mile offers.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not been quite so active as have you, but I also switched. When this one ends in 2013 I do not know what I'll do.

aadmiral and BeachMiles like this.