Citi AAdvantage Business Visa Issues

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by gpaya, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    I applied for the business visa reflected above and send in the required documentation that verifies my address and other things. However, my business name did not match my name exactly.

I just received the "unable to issue you a card" email because they couldn't verify my address, despite sending 2 required pieces.

What are my options here? Can I just ask them to reconsider? I don't want to re-apply, have a hard pull on my credit report and miss the 75k bonus.

Thanks in advance.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    At this point, you can ask for a reconsideration, perhaps written, but it may end up in a second pull anyway. The question is: what is more valuable the potential card or 3-5 points on your credit score?

3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to me about a month ago. They told me there is no way to change the biz name on the application. Said there is nothing they could do, they could cancel the app & I could reapply...

4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    This response is for US only! Most major issuers check the business name prior to accepting the application. The business need not be incorporated but if it is not then there must be a registration of the name (usually with the state, usually called "ficticious business name or Doing business as (DBA)". Otherwise you should use your own name.

Business cards do require a business identity because they have different interchange, credit reporting and consumer protections than do consumer cards.

gpaya likes this.
  5. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right, and NY (my home state) does not require any business registration for sole proprietorship. The only way I see this CC being approved is a written request for an amendment to the application changing the business name to match my name exactly.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oops, maybe not exactly correct in NYS. NYS does have county-level registration and in addition a requirement for a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) if you pay any payroll. One reference is here:
    http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-guide/new-york/becoming-sole-proprietor-new-york