Citi AAdavantage

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by PhoenixDown, Dec 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am probably expressing my ignorance here but here goes. If I applied for the Citi AAdvantage World MC - would I still get some of the AA related benefits (10% AAdvantage miles back, 1st free checked bag and group 1 boarding) if I used a different card for the actual ticket purchase?

Reason I ask is that my original goal was to use my Chase UR points (CSP w/ Freedom + Checking for the trifecta) for most things travel related.

I'm not sure if this is a compatible combination. Aside from the benefits above, the real value to me is that Citi is a bank I want to expand my relationship with. Chase too.

If I am crazy, feel free to drag me out back :)

jwsky and marcwint55 like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you would. The use of that card is not listed as a requirement for receiving AA benefits. You should keep the card handy though during checking in and boarding in case of a problem.

PhoenixDown likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

Welcome to Milepoint. AA is very good about knowing who has which of their cards. You should not have any problem getting your benefits even if you never use the card, as long as the annual fee is paid every year.

4. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are those same benefits (group 1 boarding, miles not expiring) extended to an AU or joint on the card? (I know joints are rare now)

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you put them on your reservation, my wife's and I book together and she rides as a lifetime Gold with all the perks.

Chase you can not churn, Citi you can...and keep your CC in hand you charged the ticket with, they may ask.

Working on IST UA 147k. AA 62,5 one way..later this year