Citi AA Two Browser Trick

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by high class, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. high class

high class Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a first time churner and just did the two browser trick for the Citi AA Visa and Amex cards. I was instantly approved for the Visa, but the Amex is still pending. Is calling the reconsideration line (before I've even been officially rejected) a good idea? I'm worried that by speaking to a live human, they'll see that I applied for 2 cards at once and put the kibosh on me getting the Amex.

Kalboz likes this.
  2. sparkz

sparkz Active Member

Status Points:
    Should be no problem. I also recently applied for the same cards and just did the online chat for reconsideration.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Jsm1985

Jsm1985 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think it will matter either way. You should go ahead and call. I've heard of others that have called reconsideration and were approved. I personally tried the 2 browser trick about 3-4 months ago and was instantly approved for the Citi Amex. I called reconsideration for the Visa and before I said anything, the guy said my card was denied b/c I already applied for another Citi card. He told me I should wait 180 days and apply again - which is excessive. I tried reconsideration again with no luck. I'm not sure if I just had bad luck but I think it works for most people.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did the 2 browser trick for my wife during Thanksgiving. She already had the Citi Visa and had last applied 19 months before. She was instantly approved for the Citi Amex card but had a pending for the Visa. She called the reconsideration line and they just asked her to move some credit from her existing Citi Visa that she already had opened. 5 minutes later she was approved for the 2nd card. We routinely churn/apply for cards so I don't really know what triggers Citi to reject an application when doing the 2 browser trick... I just know it works. I plan on doing it for myself in May once I cross over the 18 month since my last approval.