citi aa card

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by marcwint55, May 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems that every time my wife is out of town, citi puts a fraud alert on her card and she has to call to clear it. The last time this happened, she was just outside of Cancun trying to buy gas for a rental car. Fortunately she had cash since the card was declined. After complaining to Citi several times, they finally responded stating they will take care of this problem and gave her 5000 miles for the trouble. Has anyone else had similar problems with Citi?

yaychemistry and perryplatypus like this.
  2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anytime you travel, it is always a good thing to advise your CC company where you are headed. After all, they are only trying to protect you from fraudulent charges on your card. I once received an email and a telephone call immediately after the email from AMEX regarding a charge to my card from Belgium... at the time I was in Baltimore...I was thankful they were looking after me and alerting me to charges they found suspicious...so instead of lambasting Citi, thank them for their concern about protecting your credit! ;)

3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citi has a direct line to the fraud department. I don't really use my Citi card anymore, but when I did, I kept that number by my phone. At least it was less painful than getting through three levels of people before getting my problem solved.

I'd also agree that Citi has a pretty itchy trigger finger on fraud alerts. Amex and Chase rarely bother me.

LETTERBOY and perryplatypus like this.
  4. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citi is a good bank. Not like Chase,,,,,,,,,,,,

5. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Better safe than sorry sometimes, not sure this is a problem...

wrxmom, LETTERBOY and garyst16 like this.
  6. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some banks also let you fill out travel notices on their website as well. And if do a lot of international traveling, some banks will make note of that so you don't have to keep calling before every trip.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I had a Citi debit card (before they ditched the AA debit card program :mad:), I could send a secure message through the web site. Much easier than Bank of America, which makes me navigate through a damned phone menu before I can get to a live person. :mad:

8. benlucanada

benlucanada Member

Status Points:
    citi cards are the most fraud sensitive cards I've ever had. last time, i was in Japan, Citi called my cell for three times and I didn't feel bothered and i didn't complain, therefore, i didn't get 5000 points. LOL.
    per suggested above, yes, call citi prior to your oversea's travel to avoid this.

LETTERBOY likes this.