Citi AA Amex offer when I already have one

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by merice107, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

I did the two browser trick back in July and Got the Citi AA MasterCard and Amex for 40,000 miles each. I just received an email (I tried to copy and past it but MP said I had too many images so here is the text version):
    Special Holiday Offer!
    Celebrate the Season With 25,000 Bonus Miles(1)!

Dear merice107,

Holiday Travel Just Got More Rewarding! You already appreciate the benefits of being a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) platinum cardmember. Now imagine the power of earning miles with two cards - by adding the new Citi Select(SM) / AAdvantage(R) American Express(R) card.*

Apply now, get the card and earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage(R) bonus miles after making $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership(1).

You can also enjoy:

- 20% more miles - Earn 1.2 AAdvantage(R) miles for every $1 spent on purchases for the first 18 months of cardmembership(2) - after this promotional period, you can earn 1 AAdvantage(R) mile for every $1 you spend on other purchases.(2)
    - Get the first eligible bag checked free for you and up to 4 travel companions.†
    - Enjoy Priority Boarding with Group 1 privileges and use the extra time to prepare for your flight.(3)
    - Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount each year of cardmembership in which you spend $30,000 or more in purchases and renew your cardmembership.(4)
    - Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage(R) miles back - up to 10,000 AAdvantage(R) miles each calendar year.(5)
    - Earn 2 AAdvantage(R) miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines purchases.(6)
    - Receive a 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card.(7)

What's more, the annual card fee of $95** is waived as long as your existing Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) platinum card account remains open and is linked to your new card.

So what are you waiting for - apply today and love your journey!

APPLY NOW >>

Current Miles as of 12/13/12:
    86,906 AAdvantage Miles
    25,000 Bonus Miles(1)
    Total Miles:
    111,906 Miles

This offer is by invitation only and non-transferable.

†Within current size and weight limits. Click here for complete details. >>

* This Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) card offer is valid only for new Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) accounts applied for by February 28, 2013 pursuant to this offer and excludes any other Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) credit cards offered.

** Please see Citi Disclosures for the Citi Select(SM) / AAdvantage(R) American Express(R) card, which include rates, fees and other cost information. >>

1) Bonus Miles
    2) Mileage Cap
    3) Priority Boarding with Group 1 Privileges
    4) $100 American Airlines Flight Discount
    5) Earn 10% Back On Mileage Redemption
    6) Double Miles
    7) 25% Inflight Savings

I'm assuming I got this email based off of the Mastercard account. But there is no way I could get another Citi Amex from this offer since I already have one right? I mean, it says in the terms and conditions "This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for new Citi® / AAdvantage® accounts applied for by February 28, 2013 pursuant to this offer and excludes any other Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cards offered." Or could I???

But if they are so smart to determine when applying that I already have one, then why are they not smart enough to not send me this offer?

What is the difference between being a "Citi® / AAdvantage®platinum cardmember" and the new "Citi SelectSM / AAdvantage®American Express® card"? Or is the Mastercard the Platinum and the Amex the Select?
    MX likes this.