Cirque du Soleil's Viva Elvis to close

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Dec 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came across this article at the following link:

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinat...vis-is-dead----at-least-in-las-vegas/582960/1

I had heard that there were problems with this show a few months ago when I was in Vegas looking to buy show tickets but had heard that they were likely going to reformulate some. Not sure if the reformulation came out and didn't work or if this is what they come up with, a total replacement.

Can't say that I've heard of too many Cirque shows which haven't turned out well but I hear that there is a lot more dancing and singing in this than the normal Cirque show.

uggboy likes this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    That is highly unusual and as a collector and fan of seeing Cirque shows all over the world, this is one i have not yet taken in but will make plans before the end of 2012 if not sooner. Strange since the Beatles show seems to be doing just fine.

Flyer1976 and uggboy like this.
  3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also want to catch this one before it goes dark... especially since I've already seen that piece of junk show Believe... was tricked by the fact that I liked Criss Angel's Mindfreak TV show.

Last I remember, the Viva Elvis show has discounts on it so make sure you find one at the discount ticket booth in Vegas or online.

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've seen this show in Vegas and I appreciated the visualization they showed in line with the music too.

5. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I am a huge Elvis fan, saw this back in May (made the trip to Vegas just for that reason). It's still one of my fave shows ever. I wanted to get back and see it again. I guess I will have to try to push that trip up! I am not a fan of the usual Cirque shows, I saw both Ovo and Varekai when they were in Chicago and thought they were really weird and kind of annoying. Some cool parts, but mostly annoying. I haven't seen any of the others in Vegas besides Viva Elvis, so can't really compare those.

6. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weird. This one can't possibly be worse than Believe. I may have to see it on our next Vegas trip as well....unless it really is worse than Believe in which case I may skip it. Ha ha. I do love the Cirque shows though!