Cincinnati to Milwaukee in August are there every any deals on fares?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by drfred2022, Mar 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. drfred2022

drfred2022 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to get best fare from Cincinnati to Milwaukee Aug 16 to aug 18 for a wedding. Fares are around $317. RT now. Any chance they will go down? where do I look? Thanks

Sweet Willie and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I travel to Cinicnnati quite often, it is the (or one of) the most expensive airports to fly into in the U.S. I used to fly into Dayton and then drive but it seems that trick is out of the bag because Dayton fares are almost as expensive as CVG.

I now usually make the drive (only 5hrs15mins from Chicago, add another 1hr15min for Milwaukee, IF (repeat if) you hit traffic at the right time, it is crucial not to hit Indy or Chicago during their rush hours or else all bets are off in regards to travel time. If this seems like a long drive, are you traveling solo or is there someone else to share the ride?

Summer is busy travel season, so I wouldn't expect a fare sale to happen.

Take a look at fares out of Columbus CMH, I've done that before & CMH seems to still be a decent value to fly in/out of.

3. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Willie and driving is probably your best/cheapest option. As somebody who drives for a living Chicago can be hit or miss on traffic (pay the toll and take I294), the only real bad spot is around o'hare. Indy is fine just stay on the circle and you should be fine.