Churning business cards

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by curtis1120, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just became partner of a 4 person company. Can the company churn business credit cards? Can I churn businesss cards (have only one issued in my name) with the bonuses going to me personally? Do businesses have a credit score that must be cared for the same way a personal credit score must be? Thanks

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I know you didn't ask for advice, but since you just became a partner, I would be very careful about even thinking about applying for CCs in the company name without consultation with your partners. Unless, of course, you have a majority interest in the company.

The answer to your question is, yes companies do need to consider their credit situation and the number of pulls / data that is recorded on bureaus.

TheTravelAbstract and tondoleo like this.
  3. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to disagree with you deant. The OP did ask for advice. The advice you gave was excellent. Your actions as a "churner" could affect the chances of your company getting credit cards.

The bonuses can go to you if your business partners agree to that scheme. Some businesses prohibit that situation.

Good luck as a partner. Make a convincing argument to your partners and perhaps you will all benefit with more miles and points.

TheTravelAbstract likes this.
  4. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps I overstated. Churning isn't quite right. Being selective about business credit cards with ancillary benefits is more what I was thinking. Whereas there are limits for people to get a certain number of card per quarter perhaps not so for business. A southwest card here and an ultimate rewards card there could be useful personally and collectively.

5. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    It could be beneficial if you use the miles for your company too.If you have any travel expenses, trips or just for a "business conference" in Belize.

Or a cash back card is a good option for a business.

6. suenam

suenam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for a Citibank AA business card and they declined because my husband had one already in the name of the business. Their new policy is that they will only issue one card and one bonus to the company. I could have been added as an additional cardmember on his account, but not issued a separate account. I have never run into this issue with any other lender. Has anyone else had this problem?