Churchill or Andaz LS for Suite Upgrade in London?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Explore, Nov 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    We plan to burn a Hyatt Chase card Diamond signup bonus providing 2 free nights in a suite. In London, is the Andaz or Churchill a better bet? Both have availability for our nights, which are just after New Year.

Thanks....

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Suites at Churchill might be a bit smaller than you expect, but they’ll generally have small outdoor terraces overlooking the square/park it’s located by. It’s a terrific hotel, and the lounge is very nice.

At the Andaz, I’ve never stayed in a suite, but you’re in a different part of London, with much more of a cityscape around it. Don’t think there’d be any views out over a square, and it doesn’t have a lounge. It’s a completely different kind of neighborhood that offers up different attractions, shops and restaurants.

What should really be determining your decision is what part of town you want to be in, based on what you plan to do and what you plan to visit because the hotels are distant to each other. The Andaz is a trek to the big, long-standing museums and also to the theatre area, but is closer to some of newer smaller galleries and restaurants, and closer to The Tower, St. Paul’s, etc., in The City area.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We chose the Andaz for an upcoming stay just so that we care closer to the city center and like From NYC said its a different type of feel vs. the Churchill.

4. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely Churchill. Its in the center of everything (yet still quiet). My suite was HUGE with full living room, large dining table, spacious bathroom and 2 bathrooms. Andaz Liverpool is gorgeous too with comfortable size rooms and located in a nice "local feel" area but I preferred being walking distance to Oxford St.

5. phraktur

phraktur Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would definitely have to say the Andaz. I'm making another trip to London over Thanksgiving weekend, and the Andaz is my lodging of preference in London. I think the location is terrific - it is a great neighborhood and is only a few tube stops from most 'major' attractions. Plus, I have NEVER been disappointed by any of my stays there. From the single room to the suites, I like all of the features at the Andaz. Another great thing about the Andaz properties is the amenities (i.e. free non-alcohol minibar, free wireless) provided to ALL guests, not just those with elite status. If you haven't stayed at an Andaz before, I definitely would recommend it.

Thanks for allowing me to add my two cents. Best wishes and safe travels.