Christmas Sale

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Nov 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    book today and stay from December 16, 2013 to January 26, 2014
    IHG hotels in Europe

Wonder if these stays would count in the Big Win

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I was wondering...

However the T&Cs state that there will be no points earned for these stays.

3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is the same with the BOGO certificate, it always says : no points and in general we do get some.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made 35 euro bookings in Madrid and Vienna for the last week of the sale. First heard of it on this blog.
    Less than 2 hours until it expires.

Flyer1976 and Rosalia like this.
  5. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tom,

Tom, I booked four nights, one in Baden-Baden, two in Bern and one in Geneva, good deal.

6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both of my stays posted without any points and as non-qualifying, which I can't say surprised me. Found my booking and submitted the Vienna stay for missing credit, more out of curiosity if they would post the minimal points involved. Heard back within 12 hours that the rate was, in fact, non-qualifying due to being deeply discounted, and they cited a section of the rules. No problem, I thought, as it was a pretty cheap rate.

Then they surprised me. The agent noticed I had a food and beverage charge to the room and that was eligible for points, Posted 282 points for that, and then an additional 2,000 courtesy points as a commitment to serve me better. Pretty happy with the resolution. I also had a Madrid stay on this rate with no incidentals so I'm not going to write in about that one.

This was my third interaction with customer service over the last few weeks, I had one of my 21 day advance purchase rates in Madrid also post as non-qualifying (around $85 a night), and then I had the web issue during the flash sale where the Indigo Paddington was 75% off but my confirmation only applied the 75% to 2 of 4 nights, likely due to vanishing inventory in the seconds it took to process. Both of those were quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

Seems like IHG is trying to mimic the type of service I'm used to at Hyatt, with quick resolution on complaints. I saw a post on an airline forum this week that had a robot response saying they were backed up and would respond within 30 days. Sure not setting the standard for excellent customer service there. IHG does seem to be trying to excel from my interactions with them.

WilliamQ and iolaire like this.
  7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking forward to my first stay with them next week.