Choosing a hotel help

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by RudyA, Jul 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RudyA

RudyA Active Member

Status Points:
    Am looking for a hotel in Philadelphia and in Washington dc. I am a gold member and want a hotel with a good location as well as where I may get upgraded

Please help

DTWBOB likes this.
  2. RudyA

RudyA Active Member

Status Points:

3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Garden Inn @ DC i hear is very good

4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The doubletree is good location downtown Philly on broad street (avenue of the arts) -easy to walk around. if you wanted to stay at the university of Penn then the Inn at Penn is very nice but you'd need bus/subway/taxi to get to center city and historic area etc

5. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed in the past in the Doubletree and the Hampton Inn in Philly. The HGI and Embassy suites are also well situated to visit all the important staff in Philly. Both hotels are OK. Hampton Inn of course there is no upgrade. In the Doubletree I might have received and upgrade but there is really nothing to show for it. All in all adequate for the price paid.
    As DC is home, I cannot really comment on the hotels in DC. As long as you chose somewhere in the center of town (or on the metro) you'll probably do fine.

6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used the ES, DT and the Hampton in Center City and all are fine, but I often find it's cost effective (by a significant margin!) to stay t the Hampton by the airport and commute with Septa which has a station within walking distance of the hotel. One advantage of the airport location is free parking.

Haven't used any other airport area Hiltons (yet)

DTWBOB

7. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hilton about 2 blocks from the White House and loved it. One thing to remember is that once in DC all of the musuems, the mall and zoo are free. You may save a few bucks staying outside the city but then you need a car and parking. I was upgraded to suite on my stay.

edekba likes this.