Choices Menu Torn Out of Every Hemispheres Mag on the Plane

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Explore, Apr 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was April 1. But the new April issue of Hemispheres appeared to be the CO one (as I observed on a connecting flight). Bev menu referenced only CO, with their obnoxious extra charge for specialty cocktails in First Class.

It was a big inconvenience for FAs and pax on UA 847, SFO to IAD. A single menu was shared with interested pax, a PA announcement was made, but sales must have been down considerably.

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    As posted in the Box, my UA flight this morning on a 319 had no beverage or food menus, and it was the UA version of the magazine. And there were no appearances of a page or pages being removed, so I'm wondering if this was another printing snafu like the recent issue that caused UA/CO to scrap an entire print run.

3. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been noticing a trend where the route map was ripped out of the magazine as well on CO... Maybe it is because the map is so obscure that some pax had to rip it out to be able to get a closer look...

4. greg99
    Original Member

greg99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was a printing foul-up. I forgot to grab one from the plane yesterday, but at least one of the pages had been replaced with the CO snacks and drinks selection. Missing were the descriptions of the UA snack boxes like the Tapas box.

Greg

samh004 likes this.
  5. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last week before the new mags were out, neither my seatmate nor I had the menus. We asked the FA about the fresh choices stating that we had no menus. She ungraciously grabbed a mag from a nearby passenger, shoved it at us, and passed by our row. I was able to get her back as she was serving the people behind us.