Choice Privileges Elite Member Enhancements for 2011

Discussion in 'Choice | Privileges' started by RicGarrido, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RicGarrido
    Original Member

RicGarrido Silver Member

Status Points:
    Choice Privileges made some program changes for elite members in 2011.
    1. Choice Privileges Platinum mid-tier elite = 20 nights in calendar year 2011 (formerly 25 nights).
    2. Diamond elite members receive 50% elite bonus points (formerly 40%). Diamond elite qualification remains unchanged at 40 nights.
    3. Gold elite is also unchanged at 10 nights in a calendar year.
    4. Choice Privileges counts reward nights for elite qualification (like Hilton HHonors). This was a new benefit from 2010, but an important competitive advantage over most other loyalty programs.
    Choice Privileges increased the reward night advance booking window for elite members.
    • general member = 30 days
    • Gold = 50 days (formerly 40 days)
    • Platinum = 75 days (formerly 60 days)
    • Diamond = 100 days (formerly 90 days)
    Choice Privileges Reward Nights Advance Booking Window

One of the most restrictive features of Choice Privileges is a limited advance booking window of 30 days for reward nights in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) and Canada for general (non-elite) members. Members in other global regions have a similar restriction for hotels in their home region.

Members in each region may only book reward nights within 60 days for hotels outside of their membership home region.

Choice Privileges Member Regions
    · U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada
    · Mexico, Central America and Caribbean
    · Europe, Middle East and Africa
    · Australasia (including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Fiji)

2011 changes give Platinum elite members an additional 45 days advance booking window for domestic rewards (75 days compared to 30 days as a general member) and 15 days for international rewards over general and Gold elite members (75 days compared to 60 days).

Diamond elite members have 100 days advance booking window for domestic rewards and 40 days more than the standard 60 day advance window for international and Hawaii reward bookings.

Choice Privileges Elite Membership Levels benefits chart has been updated to reflect the changes, however, the Rules and Regulations webpage still shows the old information.

One of the best features of Choice Privileges is its partnership with Barcelo Resorts and Preferred Hotel Group properties. These hotel chains give Choice Privileges members access to all-inclusive beach resorts in Latin America and upper-upscale and luxury properties around the world.

The program terms and conditions have not been updated to reflect any change in advance booking for these hotel partner awards. These hotel partner awards had the same booking restrictions in 2010 as Choice Hotel awards. I assume the extended booking window for elites in 2011 also applies to these partner hotel rewards.

These are truly program enhancements for Choice Privileges elite members.

2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone aware if Choice Hotels offer a status match? I don't normally stay at Choice properties, but have couple of stays coming up that are sort of out of my control. I would like to maximize my points through a status match. Who knows, I may really enjoy the properties and stay at more Choice locations.

3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a request into Choice for a status match, but haven't heard back yet. On FT there are reports of Choice giving out status matches.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, after I posted I read on FT that some had status matched to gold but none had reported being matched to diamond. Let us know how it goes for you.

miles and smiles likes this.
  5. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Will do. But I'm not attached. I will be happy with whatever they give, as I attained Plat on PC so easily(and recently), and it has already gained me status, room upgrades and extra points in two other chains. Choice would be my third.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Choice matched my Priority Club Platinum with their Platinum.

7. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And what did you actually have to do to achieve that status match, if you don't mind sharing? I am going to try to work on the promotion as well as maintain my PC, so having some status with Choice would be good.

Thanks.

miles and smiles likes this.
  8. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I sent them an email and included a copy of a page from my PC Plat statement. Actually it took a few emails and some days, but they did match me eventually.