Choice of Airline/Cabin for Trip to Greece on OneWorld

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TUMD, Mar 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am planning a trip to Greece next spring/summer and was wondering if you had a choice of carrier and cabin going from the US to Europe on a OneWorld carrier, what would you choose? I will have a large amount of AA miles by this summer and I am planning on using them to book the trip. I will be flying Iberia Business class in May but besides that I have not been in First or Business on any of the other carriers.

2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know what's best but I wouldn't count out AA's new business seats. Gary from vftw had a review on them and they looked pretty good. Supposed to be introduced to the JFK-LHR route this summer.

jbcarioca, satman40 and MSYgirl like this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just flew business on AA's new 77W in case that helps. Review and pictures here.

USAIRSBY, jbcarioca, satman40 and 4 others like this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on your departure city. with US Air in there things will change going to ATH. might not go thru LHR.
    UA will take you to FRA, or MUC,

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    The departure city doesn't matter as much as I am planning on positioning myself anyway because I live in a very small town and plan on using a stop over coming back from Hawaii and continuing to Europe (eventually ATH) 6 months later. I was more curious about people's experiences in 1st and Business on the different carriers and what they liked best.

jbcarioca and satman40 like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aa seems to treat me better, but then I am lifetime Gold,
    UA is fine by me also,
    It is more departure time, and scheduling with me.

jbcarioca and TUMD like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I were making this choice I'd try to book on Qatar. That is the best non-F experience in OW at the moment IMHO. Personally I do like IB business, but I've never flown IB from the US. AA, when with new business class seats, promises to be great. I've flown with the same seats on DL and US and am totally sold on them. I fly quite a bit of AA in the old 763 business seats and i still find them quite OK.

As far as food is concerned I'd say Qatar best, Iberia a distant second, AA a long delayed third and British somewhere far below. That is only for trans-atlantic getting to Athens, of course.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    TUMD likes this.