Choice benefit issued instantly

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Feb 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    At least one good thing still with DL IT.

On Feb. 1 Mrs. Gargoyle dropped from Gold to Zilch. I just used my platinum choice benefit to gift her silver. Within half a minute of doing that I logged into her account, which just a few minutes before listed her as "sky miles member" and it now lists her as Silver Medallion.

Sweet.

Sky Miles (and Sky Team for that matter) is getting downgraded all the time, nice that something still works well.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    FEBRUARY 1? Unless it was some special promo/match/challenge/gift, her status should not have dropped before March 1.

It's not until next year when the DL FF program year changes, so your statement would have been correct a year from now, with those who don't requalify for status being dropped on February 1. This year, people still get the additional month, and remaining elites have one more month to complain about too many elites and upgrade competition being especially tough.

uggboy and jbcarioca like this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nope, I checked first and her status, which was gold the end of January, had dropped to zilch. Also, It is not possible to give a choice benefit of silver to someone when they are currently silver or higher- the computer doesn't let you do that. So if her gold had remained to Mar. 1 the choice benefit would not have been possible.

Her new status says she is silver until Jan 31, 2016.

uggboy, Newscience and jbcarioca like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for letting us know this, stone carver! Just one question, does your #1 really tell everyone that she is "Mrs. Gargoyle"? :D

MX, Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Of course. That's what it says on her passport.
    :p

whkento, Flyer1976, MX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek::D

Flyer1976 and Gargoyle like this.