Chinese Group Set To Acquire Luxury Resort Chain Aman Resorts

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Jan 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chinese Group Set To Acquire Luxury Resort Chain Aman Resorts:)

READ MORE: http://www.jingdaily.com/en/luxury/chinese-group-set-to-acquire-luxury-resort-chain-aman-resorts/

Kalboz likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only US$20 million per hotel? It surely would cost more than that to construct a typical hotel in this group, even though they're generally pretty small. I would have thought that they would be more profitable than this indicates and that the brand-name would also be valuable, in addition to their hand picked trained staff, etc.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am surprised that not many more famous hotel chains want to pick up the Aman brand! Have never stayed in one of their hotels but follow them since a few years through the press and it seems to me that Aman while very famous and indeed seeing the reviews, they are judged to be very good and have the Aman junkies who seem to stay on a regular basis with this hotel chain, but the operations themselves are not very profitable nor too desirable as a brand alone, seeing the diminished interest from many other hotel groups around the world in the chain. Also I find the prices too steep and the cult factor somewhat to high, I fear that they will blow high expectations. Also the locations from their resorts can be at times seem inaccessible for many. No wonder many stars stay with them, because they find privacy there. We will see how Aman develops under new owners in the future and what they will do to grow the chain, hopefully they will grow into more than a handful resorts, I look to seeing city locations in the future too and a better booking strategy for their properties in relation to price // value and availability.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could envision them as a separate luxury leisure branch of Peninsula.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.