China Test 500mk/h Super High Speed Train

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MLW20, Dec 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not? Airplanes are always talked about when they are just on the drawing board... Seems like a totally acceptable topic to me.

Isn't the maglev train they bought from Germany comperable in speed?

3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote "as of yet" since this is being tested... I posted it on MP assuming it could definitely be of some use in the future if it is used to connect cities of interest to travelers. :)

4. kaka
    Original Member

kaka Gold Member

Status Points:
    yea but its been the subject of "transport limits" in Hong Kong these few months (not china since i'm not sure if such topic is allowed anyway). in china they simply push lower the safety limits and run speeds at the margin...
    even slower trains in china causes problems (skipping stops and running red lights)

5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Their high speed trains already had accidents, and while they do punish some people that are at fault for them, it hardly makes it feel any safer.

http://news.businessweek.com/article.asp?documentKey=1376-LWX5K86KLVR601-3U1SMM54C0MQLCG6B8OACH7GC2

kaka likes this.
  6. kaka
    Original Member

kaka Gold Member

Status Points:
    enjoy!

7. ohianjo
    Original Member

ohianjo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Japan is actually constructing a fully fledged maglev line between Tokyo and Nagoya (completed by 2020), eventually reaching Osaka... The problem I have with HSR in China is the sheer number of deaths compared to the actual time of the service running. The Japanese Shinkansen network has carried over 6 billion passengers on its network since 1964 with no directly related casualties.
    At some point safety and sense needs to be put before human lives; especially with China just wanting to prove the point that it is 'developed'....

But that is just my opinion (besides Taiwan has had HSR for years now, with no problems ;)