China may build an undersea train to America

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, May 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    China may build an undersea train to America

2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You know there is an episode of Gilligan's Island where they ask a robot to "walk to Hawaii" but that doesn't mean it will actually happen :)

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In China we know the Government would not stall it, they do seem to get the airports, Train tracks down, and even the pipe lines laid...

Even seem to have money left to loan some to poor countries who can not manage their own money.

I'd be more worried about Russia building a bridge, but then they know we have very few roads or trains in Alaska, so the it would be called another bridge to nowhere...

iolaire likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if the US government would allow this to proceed. I'd be surprised if it happened.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the Chinese brought money try would, most of the new homes in California are being bought by Chinese and with cash.

We give them a rough time comming to this country and many of the pay $500,000 for a Green Card investing in American businesses, only to see the business go bankrupt.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Seems to me it would be smarter and easier to build a train that runs through and under water, rather than build a tunnel to contain a dry train.

iolaire likes this.
  7. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.interbering.com/

It's a better name than the one on a cherished enamel lapel pin I have, back when it was the Interhemispheric Bering Strait Railway Group.

I love it... Paddington Station: The train on track 2 is the New York Limited, calling at Calais, Brussels, Berlin, Warsaw, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Yakutsk, Uelen, Nome, Fairbanks, Whitehorse, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland and New York. Final call for the New York Limited.

IDGflygirl, iolaire and anileze like this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems unlikely to happen but for the impossible to happen, someone has to start with a dream.
    We used to think that
    1) The earth is flat
    2) Man cannot fly
    3) The moon is out of reach.....

It starts with an idea, then determination and finally lots of resources.

Anyone keen to start a teleportation project? :)

gregm, iolaire and blackjack-21 like this.
  9. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They better be good swimmers while drilling out the undersea nooks and crannies and eventually meeting a very thick steel and concrete wall when nearing the U.S. coastline.

iolaire and WilliamQ like this.
  10. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean that didn't really happen? Dang!, you've just ruined my day.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  11. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    No it didn't but the robot also told them he could build them an aircraft carrier or a mine sweeper to get them off the island. Most of us know how that worked out for them.

12. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the USA we are having trouble building a pipe line, we did build a rail road, with the help of the Chinese.

With the present Government direction we will, vote present, and think about it.

iolaire and blackjack-21 like this.
  13. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone yet thought to warn Sarah Palin about this undersea tunnel plan, as she could spot them from her porch in Alaska and as such sort of be an early warning system of their invasion from the depths, thus forcing them to give back their T-bills without keeping the accrued interest which would help the economy by not once again having to increase the debt ceiling so often and lowering the interest payments sent to a foreign power and used for undersea tunnel digging to the U.S.

Surprised that no one has thought to call Sarah about this threat to her porch.

anileze likes this.
  14. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course your last sentence definately isn't referring to a Jr. Senator from Illinois, and the stillness thinking about a certain Keystone, which may or may not be a pipeline?

15. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought most of the high speed trains in China were built with European Engineering ?

16. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought Alaska was in a hot spot for earthquakes and the like?
    All aboard for seismic shake......Feel lucky? Huh Do ya?

17. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly my thought, how will the get past the fence.

18. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait, it's not flat? ;)

anileze, WilliamQ and blackjack-21 like this.
  19. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct, WilliamQ, except your statement that "someone has to start with a dream" is missing one word to be exactly and completely correct. So I've taken the liberty of correcting it for you:

....."someone has to start with a WET dream". In this case, the added word's meaning adds to the clarification with the insertion of a single word which in this case may be taken more then one way, as it's intended to be.

No thanks are necessary. Glad to help clarify what you had intended to write. :)

gregm and WilliamQ like this.
  20. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gee... I must be slow... totally no clue what you are talking about! =p

gregm likes this.
  21. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately no. I heard rumours that it is actually a pyramid. One version had it US is right at the top but another says its China. Then again, scientist also says that why there are so many pyramid scams is because humans are keenly attune to the Earth and thus we then to think in a pyramid fashion like way. Even FF programs are pyramid in structure.

gregm likes this.
  22. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay, let me explain WET. Since I, and some others on MP, grew up in Florida, which as we all know, is a land mass surrounded on three sides with water (kinda soggy in the middle too), it's known as a "peninsula", thereby the wet statement referring to the underwater tunnel that someone thinks they're going to attempt to build somewhere that they won't be able to in the long run, or even the shorter run, too.

But I think you knew that, as shown by your "=p" which you've used to indicate peninsula of course, right?

As to the second intended meaning, which is obviously obvious but this is a family website so it will have to remain inexplicably inexplicable for those with no clues as to what I'm talking about, sometimes to the extent that even I, myself, may have no idea of the same, although it's obvious at the time to those who are clued in to the clues intended without admitting to being clearly clueified.

I will say however, that when I first typed the word peninsula above as a clearer explaination for you, I accidently left off the second "n" in that word (Freudian slip?), which would have been embarrassing had I not caught it before I hit "Post Reply". :oops: :rolleyes:

Sorry if I declued you originally, but I hope my now clueifying the explanation helps to almost clear up your slowness to an almost slightly more improved speed.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    anileze likes this.
  23. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    One could probably built a few airports and buy more aircraft for the price of that rail link.

Flyer1976 and LETTERBOY like this.
  24. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points: