China : 5000-6000 dollars

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Beshima, Dec 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I am planning to do a luxury trip for this price is this possible for 10 days including flights thinking Opposite House and Peninsular Shanghai

2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Beshima - welcome to MP! Hotels in China are notoriously inexpesive - especially if you're travelling in the colder months. A 10 day trip, even staying at the hotels you mentioned, is definitley feasible. I'd suggest you check out Ctrip.com for booking any hotels or flights in China - they often get great deals.

I'd also suggest that you look at some off-the-beaten-path hotels. They can be hit or miss, but some of the independant four stars that were built in the last five years (which are many of them!) are extremely inexpesive and give you a great bang for your buck.

I've been to China four times since 2008 (long trips), and I know most of the major cities (and some smaller ones!) pretty well. Feel free to PM me with the cities you're looking at for some suggestions. Happy Holidays!

3. I am thinking Aman would be too expensive

4. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rates look to be around $400/night at Aman... you could definitley consider staying their for a couple of nights.

5. its 700 dollars a night:oops::(

6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are over there a couple of times a year....but we stay for free,

Sure is nice, but we do bring presents to the wife's relation,

China is a great place, never a dull moment, but always glad to be home