Chicago transport-Hyatt question

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Thomask, Oct 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a 18 hour layover in Chicago. I would like to go downtown and stay in a nice Hyatt. I have stayed at the PH before and liked location and breakfast.
    I have no car this time so I want too use public affordable transport. Is there a train from the airport downtown and what full service Hyatt properties are easy to get to using the train? Thank you!

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe the L Blue Line goes from ORD to the Loop. From there you can either walk/uber/jump on another train to get to where you need.

I think Hyatt Centric The Loop is the closet w/o walking.

Use Google Maps transit and put in the hotel you're thinking about.

Thomask likes this.
  3. alanro

alanro Gold Member

Status Points:
    Take the Blue Line from ORD to Monroe. The Hyatt Centric is one block west of the station at the corner of Monroe and Clark.

4. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great. Thank you.
    Would you recommend this Hotel for HGP Diamond members? Is there more then one exit at the Monroe station? (A,B,C,D) As for now I made a points and cash reservation...
    Or do you recommend SPG/Hilton Hotels more for a 1 night transit related stay with my 14 year old son?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nothing Google related works in the country where I am at..... I can however check when I get to the US. Thanks!

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Is Hyatt Centric the Mag Mile property? If so, I've stayed there and would recommend it. Really like the 2nd floor lobby.

7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope I believe there's another Hyatt on Mag Mile.

Thomask likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC Hyatt Centric is new construction, although when the building started it wasn't a Centric.

The HR is a couple blocks from an "EL" station, although if you use the station one more stop away, it's accessible so that you're not carrying luggage up and down stairs. [This is also a risk if you connect. IIRC I walked up and down stairs when I connected to get from the PH area to ORD.]

Thomask likes this.
  9. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's a 1920s vintage office building. Totally renovated and transformed in to a hotel, Hyatt Centric

10. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completed my stay. I took the blue line from ORF and got off at Monroe. Cost 3$ and glad I did it as Taxi line was super LONG. From Monroe it was just past the Chase bank and a 3 minute walk. I had a nice Deluxe room with 2 queen beds on a high floor. Snacks were available at the Corner and Breakfast was served at a French restaurant at the ground floor. Thanks to everyone for the advise how to get there. I was my first Centric stay and I liked it.