Chicago Seminars-- and a moderated breakout on US DM this year!

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by dcpatti, Mar 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you've not seen/heard about the event: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/chicago-seminar-october-29-and-30-2011.3773/

I was asked to moderate a breakout session on "US Airways And Others" loyalty programs. Guess I will need to brush up on my B6 and WN program skillz! But last year's event was really excellent, lots of fun and lots of knowledge, and I'm happy to see a little less focus on the airlines hubbed at ORD and an actual discussion of US DM :)

If you've not registered, there's still space, and if you're going and have anything you think would be a good topic for the US DM discussion, PM me!

FarPoint, kellio, gleff and 3 others like this.
  2. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's great news Patti! You will make a good torch carrier for the US faithful :). Interesting how it is "US Airways and Others". I guess that US was mentioned directly at all is still progress. We always seem to be a small but very energetic group at these gatherings. It was funny when we stopped in Phoenix to visit US for SMD2 and all of the people who were crediting the trip to US could all fit at one table (along with Doug Parker and two other US execs):eek:. I'm sure I'll have some ideas for you, so I'll be in touch. Congrats on grabbing the speaking gig ;)

3. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, having US mentioned at all is progress. Last year there was such a heavy focus on AA/UA that I felt a little outnumbered! And while I did learn some neat tricks on those carriers, my chances to use them are pretty limited. I guess that's to be expected, when the event happens in a hub city; host it in PHL or PHX and it'd probably be US-elite-heavy. But something's better than nothing :D

Too bad the timing isn't better for Grand Slam discussions; assuming there's a GS11, it'll probably be on its last days when the Seminar event happens, so it's probably not going to be helpful to someone new to the promo unless they can rent a whole lot of cars from a hotel room in one day :D

4. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AND 3 DM dropouts who credit to CO. :D

5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Congrats, Patti. I am holding off on this until the dates of the *A Mega Do are announced. If the Mega Do is held the 1st week of November, it will conflict with the Seminar Do.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think they will schedule the *Mega DO the same weekend as the ORD DO. I look forward to the US breakout session. Last year at the DO we had a US "support group"...I think there were 5 of us. Look forward to year 2 at the ORD DO and my first Star Mega DO:D

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I think Randy Petersen has committed to attend the Chicago Seminar DO, tommy777 is local in ORD, pretty sure folks know when this is and Star MegaDO planning must take this into account (I say, not having anything to do with Star MegaDO planning)

Sean Colahan likes this.
  8. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny Sean, I think I talked at the Chicago DO with everyone else in the "US support group", but somehow I think we missed meeting each other. I'll have to fix that this year. (And if we did indeed meet, my apologies for saying we didn't. There were ALOT of people there that I met for the first time).

9. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree Gary. I think I even heard Tommy mention the timing of the Chicago DO during the SMD3 kickoff party in NYC. I have little doubt that they would conflict with each other. I'm still betting that SMD3 will be in September.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  10. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    No worries scubaflyer. If we didn't meet, I look forward to meeting you at this year's DO...if we did meet (my name-tag said SeanPVD) I look forward to seeing you again this year. I do agree, there were a LOT of people there that I was meeting for the first time (though it felt like family, prob cause of the uniqueness of our common interest) that I probably forget most of their handles/names but would probably recognize them if I see them at another FT event.

11. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I think we did talk. I was looking closer at your profile picture and I recognize the face. I think you had just completed the H/S/J promo and I was kicking myself for not participating in it.