CHI to IST

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by jamesb2147, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Using Skyteam partners http://www.kayak.com/r/DoECCRQXqi EDIT: See this link for current prices http://www.kayak.com/flights/CHI-IST/2012-11-20-flexible/2012-11-28-flexible

It's 2.34 4.75 CPM on KLM metal, though that assumes 100% earning. Unfortunately, I don't know enough to find out if I earn 100% Delta points on KLM. Cost is $529 AI at the low end. Any advice for a n00b is much appreciated!

EDIT: Prices have gone up by $1.

EDIT 2: Due to a mistake using MileCalc's calculator, the actual CPM is 4.75. Lesson learned.

2. artvndlay

artvndlay Active Member

Status Points:
  3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can't link to Kayak like that because the URL is for your session only.

Provide dates that you searched for and we can look up the KL codes that this fare is for.

Edit: I found the fare in late October. It is flown as KL "R" class which still earns 100% in DL.

-RM

4. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. stavraetos

stavraetos Active Member

Status Points:
    I saw a lot of availability in November and early December at that price and a little less ($504 on Delta) but I think that the CPM quote shouldn't include any elite earning bonus and should be listed about twice that ~4.5 CPM. I'm not sure, but I think that's the convention when sharing deals.

6. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was different routing available yesterday with substantially more miles. I'll let you know if I find it again. Right now, it does look like this is 4.82 CPM which isn't really MR territory (rule of thumb is ~3.5 CPM, right?).

7. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like it was misunderstanding on how to use MileCalc. D'oh!

It's 4.75CPM if you route through DTW at some point. Sorry for the mistake everyone! :(

8. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on where you are based. 5CPM out of somewhere like MSP is doing pretty good.