CheckMyTrip: Miscellaneous "Protection Segment" with an airport and date in 10 months

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Novice3, Mar 2, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Novice3

Novice3 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi Insiders!
    In CheckMyTrip I have on one of my trip in Miscellaneous "Protection Segment" with an airport and validity date in 10 months ... any idea what does it mean and the consequences for my travel?
    Thank you

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No consequence; you can ignore it.

It is there to "protect" the PNR in case all the real segments get dropped for some reason. It keeps the shell of the PNR intact so agents can see the history and fix things as needed.

Dublin_rfk and Novice3 like this.
  3. Novice3

Novice3 New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. pinxo

pinxo New Member

Status Points:
    Hi I have a similar problem. I booked a ticket via an online agency. The trip consists on 2 airlines from Star Alliance (Swiss and Aegean). The online agency gave me 2 PNR numbers (one per airline). When I look at my Swiss ticket (sencond ticket) under miscellaneous says my departure point and a date nearly 1 year in adavnce and then segment protection confirmed.

Do you know what does it mean? Are the 2 tickets somehow connected? I'm a bit worried in case I miss the connection due to a flight delay, I won't have any protection...

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes...same thing I wrote above. You'll be fine.

pinxo likes this.