Checking Someone Else into Airport Lounges?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by lrluis, Nov 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    My fiancee and I are traveling back to the US from MNL early next year. She's traveling to SFO on JL Economy and I'm headed to JFK on CX Business. Her flight leaves 2 hrs after mine. Would I be allowed to transfer my lounge access over to her and check her in?

Also, for fellow Priority Pass Select members - Do you think I would be allowed to bring a guest to the following lounge or is access restricted to just the cardholder? I've heard that it was the latter, but the T&C's state otherwise ...

Airport: Manila - Ninoy Aquino International (MNL), International Terminal 1

Lounge: PAGSTOP LOUNGE

Location: Airside - after Immigration and Duty Free shops, the Lounge is located in the Transit Area on the 4th Floor at the junction of both departure concourses (before final Security Checks).
    Opening Hours: 08:00 - 22:00 daily.
    Conditions: Maximum 3 hour stay - Limited to two guests per cardholder - Children under 2 years are admitted free - Non-smoking.
    Additional Information: Wi-Fi access is subject to payment.

2. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    PP Select means that guest are an additional cost.

If your traveling biz, I'd try to have her as your quest to the biz lounge. Just don't mention that you have a different flight/airline as her. Technically I think she has to be on a OneWorld airline in order to use the CX Lounge as your guest. In the past, I have been able to get guests on different airliens in by just quickly showing my boarding pass and telling them to continue through and have a seat.

If i were working at the lounge i would assume that 2 people travelign together would be on the same flight.

YMMV though.

lrluis likes this.
  3. lrluis

lrluis Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool, I'll try this. I thought a guest was only allowed when traveling in F - not J? At least, thats what I read on Cathay's website.

Thanks for your input.

joesmoe likes this.
  4. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh that may be true. In which case your probably SOL.

I don't fly CX much so i'm not the best srouce of info, just trying to help out if i could :p

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you have OW Emerald or Sapphire status? If you don't, I don't think you can guest someone in with a J BP :(

joesmoe and lwkatya like this.