Checking in/out Twice for One Candlewood Suites Stay?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by benthelefty, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Hey all,

This may be a noobie question I'm not sure, but I checked the forum and didn't see anything akin to this...

I'm staying in a Candlewood Suites from Nov. 12 to Dec. 22 (40 nights). It's Dec 1, which is 19 days from my check-in. If I check out I will have gold status (which is a 10% bump in points earned) as well as receive other promos (weekend stay, first stay, etc.). Have any of you ever checked out and immediately checked back into a hotel? It will post as a 19 night stay and then a 21 night stay when I check out again, which would get me gold as well as the 10% bump on the 21 remaining nights.

Also, in order to get the 1/2/3/4x promo I need to stay at multiple properties...can I make a reservation for another property while I'm at the Candlewood and will that count? (Double reservation over the same time?).

Thanks in advance!
  2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Checking in and out usually doesn't work unless you leave for at least one day. And two reservations for the same night will not work either one will show as a non qualified overlapping stay. I suggest to maximize points you check out for one night go to HI ex or something else then go back to the candle wood with a new reservation number. I hope you booked through ebates and are getting the 13% cash back.
  3. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

check out, stay one night near by, check back in... or do it for 3 nights out, and stay at three different brands for the three nights out.