Checking bags with a long connection

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by ducster, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying to SFO-SEA-FRA-TLV next month with my 11-year-old daughter, and we will each have a bag to check. Our connection in SEA is about 6 hours, and in FRA, it's about 12 hours. We fly UA SFO-SEA and LH from SEA-FRA-TLV. Will we be able to check our bags all the way through, either from SFO or from SEA with such long connections? Even if we can, I was thinking of short-checking our bags to FRA in case we needed them for our layover; I plan to get a dayroom at the Kempinski (we're in F).

Also, I know I these questions have been answered umpteen times, but please bear with me as I ask them again for umpteen+1. I plan to email reservations at the Kempinski asking for a dayroom, and identifying ourselves as LH F passengers. Is there anything else I should do, or do I need to call instead? What is the easiest way to get to the Kempinski from FRA. Is there a shuttle?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should be able to check bags all the way to TLV without a problem. Especially if on the same itinerary all the way through. Also, you can get a day room at FRA FCT in case kempinski doesnt have them etc, but I assume the kempinski will be a better option. There's a shuttle van from airport to hotel.

ducster likes this.
  3. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the info. Depending on how well we sleep on the flight, we may just do the FRA FCT day room and then head into the city to catch the Christmas market.