Check Your Mail – Amex Has Been Sending Checks (Targeted?)

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In a somewhat reversed direction, American Express has actually been sending some consumers money, instead of the other way around! This is definitely not all customers but many people have been getting checks in different amounts with similar language – that they are sorry they were unable to give the account holder points on [various card] when the account was open so here is a check to cover that amount. This is similar to something they did a couple of years ago. They had apparently been going back through the system to send out checks on accounts that had not received the full bonuses, even when the bonuses were not explicit on the application (see this post). I am not sure how they are evaluation who gets checks and who does not and for what purpose, which is why I put targeted? in the headline. I do know one thing - if you did not get a check, do not call and complain about not getting one! It is clear they are trying to... The post Check Your Mail – Amex Has Been Sending Checks (Targeted?) appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...