Check your Itin and seats

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by AZjohn, Mar 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked all my res's on our newUA web site and 3 of them have kicked me out of my seat and can't load a seat map and select a new seat.
    Just a heads up to everyone here on MP ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the seat map isn't showing up then it sounds a lot like the typical weekend work that they do to make updates to the system. Generally it clears itself up in a day or two. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Maybe a little, but not a ton.

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It happend to me when I booked a flight today. I figure I will wait a couple days and the maps will be loaded.

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a flight number and equipment change (not schedule) in one of my itineraries. I accepted it but the old flight # and equipment still show up in the reservation. I, too, can't select a seat for that flight.

Odd thing is the old flight # and equipment still show up in a new ticket search on .bomb.
    -RM

5. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand that we all have to deal with schedule changes and/or gage changes. But when something like this happen with PMUA, at least we can see and fix things online. So are you saying when our newUA using the CO system, when they make changes we just sit around and hope for the best? I'm hearing this way too much but seeing all my issues not being fixed by just waiting around.
    Speaking of that, anyone see my 1K card yet :confused:

Pat89339 and goalie like this.
  6. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah... My parents had a guage change from A319 to CRJ 700... Now I am on hold trying to get their seats back together...

7. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bolding mine: OUCH! :eek:

Pat89339 likes this.
  8. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could have been a CRJ 200... Which will probably happen next.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Different type of change. Normal schedule/equipment changes can be accepted online without issue in most cases. This sounds to me much more like a systems upgrade where they do things like take seat maps offline for a few hours while they update the website infrastructure.

AZjohn and PhlyingRPh like this.
  10. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The seats maps (at least in my itins) that had issues now appear correctly.

AZjohn likes this.
  11. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took a while for it to get back closer to normal. I only lost 1 seat assignment out of 20 segments. two of my Y-up still show me as JN (coach) but with a F seat. I cant however change seats within the F cabin but gives me the option to chose a seat in Y

AZjohn likes this.
  12. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    OTOH, I've actually lost my seats twice and in a desperate bid to 'keep it real' ended up in Economy minus both times.

AZjohn likes this.
  13. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see this morning that seat maps have been loaded again for the flights I had screwed up yesterday. BUT, some of the maps are wrong (ex: 757 map displays a A321 map), so I just picked seats that are common with both aircraft.

14. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What A321 map are they showing? That's not a type the carrier operates.

AZjohn likes this.
  15. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bad, it's a map of a A320 ver. 1

16. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine are back to normal. No more weekend seat map checks for me

AZjohn and Wandering Aramean like this.
  17. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heads up, our newUA ran another sweep again. Only screwed up 2 of my flights this time :rolleyes:

Pat89339 likes this.
  18. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And if you wait it out and see what the reservation looks like when the maintenance is done, how many will be broken?

Olton Hall likes this.
  19. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course I should have expected you to jump is and write us all "please stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is just peachy fine. CO dba UA system is doing exactly what it's suppose to do". That on a weekly basis (maybe more) they will load changes. But please, don't expect these changes to actualy let you see the changes or do anything about them, because this beautifull state of the art software knows we really care less about the times/places we connect at or the seats we want. Just stick me in the back somewhere and pass me the kool-aid please :rolleyes:
    BTW, next time I post I will make sure to exclude you (can you give me the software?). My post was for anyone that might be effected by any changes, just a heads up. It was not to debate you, listen how great/poor newUA is, place in bold what I wrote and to dissect line by line a rebuttal :mad:

Pat89339 and goalie like this.
  20. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I had 2 trips that had changes made, with notes on-line that I should contact UA about re-ticketing. Phoned them up and, though it took several hours before they got back to me (having one leg US complicated factors, I was told), it was done. Even before that, while I was on the phone with them, all my seats had remained, and the RPU I’d applied was still attached. Big difference from the last time I tried to use an RPU.:)

21. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, that's not what is being said. And no, you couldn't do anything on PMUA either when they take the system or function down for work. You are only hearing what you want to hear.

Part of the greater issue is that everybody with non-critical issues are thinking their issue has to be handled right away by a system that is not fully functional yet. The airline would be seen to be doing much better if it wasn't constantly swarmed by gnats.

22. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Click on my name. There should be an option to add me to your ignore list there if you want to. It will prevent you from seeing my posts but not the other way around.

And my post was to point out that, for most folks, odds are that things will go back to the way they were when the maintenance is done so rather than messing with things while the systems are in a semi-stable state it might be worth waiting until the end of the weekend before mucking with things. Folks who have been affected might not actually have any problems if they wait it out. That's the way things have usually worked in these situations and I'm suggesting that history might hold true once again. Nothing more, nothing less.

It has nothing to do with whether the systems are good or bad. It has everything to do with how to effectively work with the systems that we are all stuck with.