Check Your Flights - Massive Changes Today

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by BurBunny, May 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have flights on the books, particularly on CO, check them. 7 segments booked currently on CO, 5 of which had flight number changes today, all of which have lost their seat assignments, none of which can yet be reassigned.

To say it's a bit of a mess is an understatement. Fortunately, none of these segments are until July, all on wide open planes, so I'm letting things settle a bit before I call the Elite line again to try to get everything sorted out.

Even Tripit is confused!

Thankfully, none of my UA flights seem to be affected. Yet. Either that, or .bomb hasn't caught up.

2. Concerto
    Original Member

Concerto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had the same thing happen on UA yesterday. Out of six segments booked for mid-June, they changed four of the flight numbers and my seat assignments, as well. I spent about an hour on the phone last night straightening it all out again.

3. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    It appears that CO is straightening itself out tonight. Slowly but surely, all of my segments have their original seat assignments returned automatically.

But I'm definitely going to be watching everything very carefully, especially for the month of June, and absolutley between now and June 15.

4. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an agent suggest I not even bother on a couple of itineraries since she knew they'd change again. While on the phone I was able to confirm something that I've always suspected, which is that they can see all changes made over time. That's helpful when negotiating a final schedule in terms of inconvenience from original plans.

5. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was lucky for my seat assignments to YVR, as they did not change, and my upgrades are still showing pending

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have had the same thing happen, flights on CO have had a flight # change and had to rebook seats, the two flights on the same pnr for UA remained the same. I have found that when I choose seat selection on CO it shows seats booked but then when I look at itinerary, they were not booked. Had to call CO twice to have seats reinstated, and this is for next Feb. guess there will be more changes between now and then.