Check your elite status !

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by ffitalia, Jan 23, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello, yesterday I saw on my account that my status as platinum had returned to the base level.
    I contacted the customer center that, as always, has solved the problem immediately.
    But in the response email they wrote:
    "...Recently though, we discovered an issue that caused a number of IHG Rewards Club members to lose their current status..."
    Then CHECK your status!

UA191 and Newscience like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just status matched to Platinum (yesterday) so my status is freshly minted.

Meanwhile, undecided if IHG should be my main chain this year or stay with Hilton.

I like that IHG has no expiry date for its points. The same reason I stuck with Delta Skymiles.

3. ffitalia

ffitalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Difficult choice, forum has several threads with the same question. IHG has many promo, so it's easy to earn points, see for example here. I personally use both, depends on the offers at the moment

adrianors likes this.
  4. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same thing happened to me last week!
    Also - my first stay with IHG just posted & the bonuses only got me 12,000 points as opposed to the 30,000+ last year. :confused: Not complaining, just disappointed that the promos are slowly dwindling.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Platinum went to Gold for some reason, I'm not sure why. I reached out to them but it hasn't been fixed as of yet

6. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just call the CS line. They'll do it instantly. 1-888-211-9874