Check your account settings!

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by below sea level, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    Public Service Announcement.

I just logged into my account to check the status of something and noticed my earnings preference had magically changed back to my old frequent flyer account. If you previously set PC points to your airline but have changed it to PC points, check your settings to make sure it hasn't reverted. I made the change around 5 years ago but all of the information has been reset sometime in the last couple of weeks.

2. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the alert. Same thing happened to both my account and my wife's. It's a quick fix, but only if you know it has happened!
    EDITED TO ADD: Just discovered that after you make the change, if you logout and log back in, it reverts back to the airline miles. Looks like they have a bug somewhere in the system. There are reports on FT of the same issue, and that people have called PC Customer Service and been told that CS is seeing the correct choice on their end.

3. Trout Fishing in America
    Original Member

Trout Fishing in America Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, as tarheelblue said, the PC staff advise that this appears to be a bug related to the website and that your point preference has not actually changed as far as PC is concerned. With IHG's well-know and celebrated technological prowess, I expect this to be fixed any time now :rolleyes: .

tarheelblue likes this.
  4. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked our accounts....amazingly, it appears that the issue has already been resolved.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  5. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    The same thing happened to me twice in the past week. I keep setting it back to points... grrrr!

6. i fixed it and it reverted miles when i logged back in, fixed again, and hasn't reverted, just another IHG IT glitch, but must say the "my offer status" has improved vastly recently.

7. The CTC site was acting up yesterday. I went in to check my last stays and it said I wasn't eligible for the program. When I rebooted the site it was fine.