Check In Feature? Sorry If I missed it but... Opinions Welcome and Expected

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by diver90, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. diver90
    Original Member

diver90 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We can start a check in thread but that would be a wonderful regular website feature with an easily accessible button in the page framework. Also, it should be a standard feature on the mobile app when it debuts (I say odds are 4:1 that we have a mobile app within 30-60 days of launch.) What a great way to spontaneously meet with fellow MPers as we look for ways to add value to our "free time" at the world's airports!

aitchly, techgirl and bta like this.
  2. Deacon Flyer
    Original Member

Deacon Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If possible, it could also be used in a Foursquare-like way. Posters could rack up points or badges for checking into a variety of airports, at airports with a lot of other members checking in at the same time, or for the ultimate MR's- checking into a large number of airports in a short amount of time.

3. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think a check-in feature would be really cool. Not sure I care all that much about points, badges, etc. But it would be a lot of fun to be able to land at, say, ORD or IAH and just fire up MiPo to find out who else is around and let folks know that I am.

If there were such a feature and it worked well enough, we could wind up with a lot of spontaneous meet-ups.

4. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it would be good to have check-in threads in the forum for each Airport Location in the Community Center. If I happen to be at IAH I could just check that location without having to wade through a long list of fellow MP's all over the globe.

aitchly likes this.
  5. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or since m. is trying to push facebook and other social media tie-ins, it could integrate foursquare or gowalla (etc.) into those fora.

cockpitvisit likes this.