Cheapest UA premium fare from NYC to anywhere

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by LarryInNYC, Aug 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I need a few (472) A3 miles to make Star Gold.

I'm looking for the cheapest premium, non-P fare from the New York City area to anywhere. Accrual minimums mean that any business or first class flight (except P) would get me the miles I need.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you planning to come back? If so then any fare should do it, right?

LarryInNYC likes this.
  3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was strongly considering it :D.

All the economy fares I was finding where coming up in N (non-accruing) but, just so as not to embarrass myself (further) I checked again and I see G and L fares to IAD and back for $133 on weekdays and $189 on weekends (I was only looking around BOS before). If I read the accruals right then with the 500 mile minimum even a one-way in either class would put me over the top. Right?

I have tentative plans to be down in Maryland with my family in the next month or so and I can do the return, on a weekend, for $98 (they can drive home alone!).

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's how I read it as well, but I'm not an Aegean aficionado so I cannot say for certain.

LarryInNYC likes this.
  5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    Larry,

http://www.owenrudge.net/utils/starcalc/?p=A3

Use this calculator if you want a more precise measurement of your elite miles.

Generally speaking, if it says 500 min miles for your fare class, you'll earn 500 even if the flight is < 500 miles.

If we use your example LGA-IAD on the calculator, the distance is 228 on G fare (0.50), but with the minimum miles criteria you'll earn 500 flat.