Cheapest Avios redemption

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by cvarming, Jul 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I just booked business class Iberia Puente Aereo MAD-BCN for 6500 avios + 17€, and I noticed that you can get economy for 3375 avios + 13.5€. This is the cheapest avios redemption I have seen. I booked on Iberia website. With the 50% Amex transfer bonus to BA in May, avios is turning out to be ridiculously cheap for short haul.

Are there cheaper segments out there?

2. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmm i thought 4500 was the lowest tier segment redemption. maybe Iberia is doing things differently.. I need to check this out

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For July and August, Iberia is offering 25% discounts when you redeem on Iberia on certain routes (for example, MAD-ORY doesn't work since it's not on the list below).

Also you can't get this through BA Avios, only IB Avios. Which really underscores the reason why anyone with a BA account should sign up for IB now since you need to wait 90 days before you can transfer between the 2.

Enjoy a 25% discount flying with Iberia

Fly with Iberia and take advantage of:
    25% discount on Avios:

Band 1: From 3.375 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Barcelona (valid on regular flights or Air Shuttle).
    - To / From Madrid to Bilbao and La Coruña*.

Band 2: From 5.625 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to London or Rome.

Band 3: From 7.500 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Copenhagen or Nouakchott (Mauritania).

Band 4: From 9.375 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Accra (Ghana).

Band 6: From 18.750 Avios one way:
    - From Madrid or Barcelona and Bogota, Guatemala, Havana, Panama, Rio de Janeiro, San Salvador, Santo Domingo and Sao Paulo.
    The Avios indicated corresponds to a flight in blue class.

* Valid for flights operated by Air Nostrum.

And to make your flight more enjoyable, take advantage of our offers purchasing upgrades using your Avios.
    From Madrid or Barcelona:- 35% discount: Miami, Los Angeles, Mexico
    - 20% discount: Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Caracas, Quito, Bogota, Santo Domingo, Havana, Panama, San Jose, Costa Rica, Guatemala, San Salvador, Lima or Guayaquil.

Offer valid from 01/07/2012 until 31/08/2012
    Valid for direct flights operated by Iberia, except the following series: from IB24XX to IB26XX, IB 4XXX, IB5XXX or IB7XXX.

Globalflyer and cvarming like this.