Cheapest Avios redemption

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by cvarming, Jul 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

I just booked business class Iberia Puente Aereo MAD-BCN for 6500 avios + 17€, and I noticed that you can get economy for 3375 avios + 13.5€. This is the cheapest avios redemption I have seen. I booked on Iberia website. With the 50% Amex transfer bonus to BA in May, avios is turning out to be ridiculously cheap for short haul.

Are there cheaper segments out there?
  2. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

hmm i thought 4500 was the lowest tier segment redemption. maybe Iberia is doing things differently.. I need to check this out
  3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

For July and August, Iberia is offering 25% discounts when you redeem on Iberia on certain routes (for example, MAD-ORY doesn't work since it's not on the list below).

Also you can't get this through BA Avios, only IB Avios. Which really underscores the reason why anyone with a BA account should sign up for IB now since you need to wait 90 days before you can transfer between the 2.

Enjoy a 25% discount flying with Iberia

Fly with Iberia and take advantage of:
    25% discount on Avios:

Band 1: From 3.375 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Barcelona (valid on regular flights or Air Shuttle).
    - To / From Madrid to Bilbao and La Coruña*.

Band 2: From 5.625 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to London or Rome.

Band 3: From 7.500 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Copenhagen or Nouakchott (Mauritania).

Band 4: From 9.375 Avios one way:
    - To / From Madrid to Accra (Ghana).

Band 6: From 18.750 Avios one way:
    - From Madrid or Barcelona and Bogota, Guatemala, Havana, Panama, Rio de Janeiro, San Salvador, Santo Domingo and Sao Paulo.
    The Avios indicated corresponds to a flight in blue class.

* Valid for flights operated by Air Nostrum.

And to make your flight more enjoyable, take advantage of our offers purchasing upgrades using your Avios.
    From Madrid or Barcelona:- 35% discount: Miami, Los Angeles, Mexico
    - 20% discount: Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Caracas, Quito, Bogota, Santo Domingo, Havana, Panama, San Jose, Costa Rica, Guatemala, San Salvador, Lima or Guayaquil.

Offer valid from 01/07/2012 until 31/08/2012
    Valid for direct flights operated by Iberia, except the following series: from IB24XX to IB26XX, IB 4XXX, IB5XXX or IB7XXX.
    Globalflyer and cvarming like this.