Cheap tablet for photo presentations

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Gargoyle, Nov 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm not ready to replace my laptop with a tablet- I use the laptop for heavy photo editing, 3D modeling, some database/spreadsheet stuff and document creation. However, I'm increasingly thinking a tablet would be better when I need to show 30 or 60 photos/images to someone. Tablets are faster and easier, and some have beautiful displays.

So, I can't yet justify the $400 to $500 stuff, but I could spend up to $200. I'm seeing generic 7" Android tablets for $79, and Galaxy Tab 2's for $179.

Any thoughts on those, is 7" sufficient for good photo viewing if I'm just sitting at a table with one person? Is there a lot of quality/image/speed difference between generic and Samsung? Or should I just wait 6 months until new stuff is out?

tondoleo likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    get a n7 they're pretty cheap right now. Used ones on CL i've seen go for ~$130 8GB ...

tondoleo and Gargoyle like this.
  3. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suggest you contact a certain simian in Queensland. He may have good advice for you on this issue.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Big Lots stores is advertising a Uniden 7" Android 4.0 tablet for $59. I believe it's made by Southern Telecom. But at that price I would have to question the quality of the display screen.

tondoleo likes this.