Cheap flight to Europe in June??? DFW/MAD/FCO/DFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Luv2Vacation, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. OK so i thought i was always pretty good at finding cheap flights but when it comes to internation I can never find them. Ive been watching flights to europe since the fall and i can't find the price i want which is $900. i know that im flying in high season but do to a wedding in spain i have no choice. These are my datesDallas DFW to Madrid MAD wednesday June 1st(evening departure) and then Rome FCO to Dallas DFW sunday June 19th afternoon departure. Dates are pretty much set also the airports. Any tips or suggestions or have anyone found deals??

Im a frequent flyer with AA and there is a great flight that i want but its 1600...direct flight non stop to madrid with 1 pm departure from rome on the 19th.

Anyone find any goood deals to europe???? HELP!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    $900 is not too bad RT to Europe for June, especially this year. June is getting into high season, and fuel prices are up. Capacity is flat or reduced. The airlines have pushed through a number of fare increases this year already - and I expect more increases before we're done. As a point of reference, I paid about $800 all-in to Madrid from DCA last November, about $750 all-in to Paris in January, and about $700 all-in to Milan in late January. Fares are always lower in January. BTW, FCO is a very popular city.

3. swisshera
    Original Member

swisshera Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this mispriced one from JFK to MAD at 260 all in, it was also valid to Paris, Barcelona, Milan and others at $360 all in. It was found on travelzoo and once you see a deal, you should just book every possible trips and think later.

4. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try the last week of May into June. Current travelzoo deals are through May 15 for Europe. I would wait another month for the next set of deals to post. Last year I flew to Madrid RT for $600 last week of May/first of June (using Memorial day holiday).

5. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points: