Cheap ex-LHR Biz Fares

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by travelgourmet, Dec 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. travelgourmet
    Original Member

travelgourmet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seeing some very low ex-LHR business class fares over the holidays. LHR-JFK is in the $1500-range, all-in, round-trip. Other destinations don't seem to be much more - booked LHR-MSP/JFK-LHR and LHR-MSP/PBI-LHR for around $1600. These are non-refundable/non-changeable fares.

Lots of other carriers seem to have matched, if you wanted to spread the love.

tin509 and rwoman like this.
  2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, this is very tempting. I've got a trip booked that I might have to call in and see if I can up-fare the long-haul sectors. Might be able to do it for under $900 (it's a multi-city trip and I'm happy to leave FAR-MSP-BOS in U), and work is paying for the coach ticket I've already got booked. Is it true that they'll often waive change fees for up-faring into a different class of service?

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it depends on the agent...I've always had to pay the $250...

4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well that makes it less appealing, although I think the change fee on my ex-UK ticket is only £90. Would need to double-check the fare rules.

rwoman likes this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't hurt to ask! :)

I'll be on AA this Christmas (was much cheaper and for status)...was a great last TATL on DL this past weekend...many reminders of why I've stayed. We'll see how next week's transcon goes... :D

6. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I might have missed my window to do this, as I'm flying on the 27th (and need to fly that day). I can't find a 21-day advance purchase requirement in the fare rules, but the only way I can get EF to show me the deeply-discounted S fare is if I put in 6 Dec (or earlier) as the ticketing date. My Internet connection in my room at this conference is so awful that I wouldn't even be able to get a Skype call to DL in the US up and running if I wanted to. Oh, well, I guess it will save me a couple hundred bucks and I've got seats in row 30, so it will be tolerable. Just will be a shock to the system after doing FRA-KE-ICN-KE-MEL//ADL-QF-BNE//CNS-QF-SYD-MH-KUL-MH-LHR with only ADL-BNE in Y to have to sit in Y on LHR-DTW.