"cheap" Chicago parking

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by Sweet Willie, Mar 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been having really good luck with this website http://spothero.com Spot Hero has allowed me to park at various Chicago hotels for nearly 45% off what the hotel wanted.

Spot Hero has also come in handy for parking in the Loop for events/shows, like just last night, I used it while Mrs Sweet Willie & I attended Book of Mormon at the Bank of America Theater.

A nice feature is that spothero was able to get me into parking garages/lots that were listed as Full, one is guaranteed a spot if one has a reservation through spothero.

Great site, check it out!

Just for the record in case someone thinks this is a shill posting, I do not work for spothero, I do not know anyone who does, nor do I gain financially from spothero or parking in Chicago.

iolaire, dc_traveler, kyunbit and 3 others like this.
  2. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - great tip!

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been using spothero for more than a year. If you are staying at the palmer House hilton or the Drake, you may get cheap access to the parking using spothero than the hotel's own charge.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    A week ago I attended an evening event downtown, not more than three hours.The Michigan ave. underground lot would have cost $31.00.

That sort of pricing is enough to keep me from going downtown for any but the most important activities. Bad move on the part of the city, by digging for dollars in this fashion they undermine downtown business activity.

Thanks for the spothero mention, I'll check it out.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. Traveling Momma

Traveling Momma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Willie - I will PM to tell you how to park for FREE. Yes, I said FREE. ;)

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    $2 parking from 4pm until midnight is available in the open parking lot across the street from 800 S Wells (River City).

So if having dinner in the Printer's Row area, this would work for you.

7. tmiller

tmiller New Member

Status Points:
    I used to use spothero, but I recently found ParkWhiz. They lowered their rates and introduced a new program last week that lets you get up to 12 hours of parking for just $15. Thought I'd let you guys know!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  8. lifeofpi

lifeofpi New Member

Status Points:
    Wow, just saw this bumped thread! I've used ParkWhiz before, but I found (especially lately) that they do not have as much inventory as SpotHero here in Chicago. I'll stick to SpotHero for now!

Sweet Willie likes this.