Chase will make it up if you missed out on the best deal

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Scottrick, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love my Chase United MP Select Visa. Great perks. The thing was, I only got 30K miles, and when I later convinced my girlfriend to get one, they were running a 50K offer. Only slightly peeved (I'm not one to complain when it really isn't anyone's fault) I decided to at least ask Chase if they'd give me the extra 20K even though I got my card over 6 months ago. And lo and behold, I get an answer within 24 hours saying, "Yes, of course!" with the miles posting the next day.

Since Chase operates a whole slew of other cards, this would probably work for you, too. I suggest you check what offer you got and what they've offered other people in the last few months.

I love my card, and now I love Chase, too. [​IMG]

2. Interesting info. :)

3. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    Worked for me with the VISA Priority Club Select too, signed up for 30k, 60k available now. Really quick and easy, just send them a secure message. I got a reply in under 12 hours!

4. 2muchentropy
    Original Member

2muchentropy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you call or do this via secure message? I only ask b/c I have a couple of family members who got the 30k CO CC (at my urging), but are a little technophobic, and will only be able to do this if they can call in (an maybe only then after much more prompting...).

5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Secure message is what I used. Really fast response, and really easy to do. I imagine if you called there would be a series of buttons with the automated machine rep, then the human would get confused, have to take a written message, and tell you to expect a call back. So, you could tell them to do that.

If it were my mom (and she still doesn't understand how to access anything but the Inbox on Gmail) I would ask for her CC number, set up the online account for her, and then send the secure message. It would be a lot less hassle than trying to explain what she needs to say on the phone.

aitchly likes this.
  6. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got another 25K CO miles.

7. upgrademe
    Original Member

upgrademe Active Member

Status Points:
    Trying asking for the 80k offer too. I was targetted for the 60k and inquired about the 80k offer. They said they would credit me the extra 20k on my next billing cycle.

8. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up under the 25K CO bonus miles. Because a new 50K offer is available, I sent a secure message and was given another 25K to make up the difference.

9. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    They did not ask for any proof of the offer? How long ago did you get the 60K?

10. 2muchentropy
    Original Member

2muchentropy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Unfortunately it was like pulling teeth to get them to apply in the first place...

11. upgrademe
    Original Member

upgrademe Active Member

Status Points:
    No, they did not ask for proof. I got the 60k two weeks ago. They said they would credit me on my next statement, which has not closed yet. They also sent me a follow-up letter asking me to call for the 20k points.

bsaced and aitchly like this.
  12. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Curious. I wonder if they will go back in time like they are doing on the CO 25k/50k. Let us know if it actually posts or if you get their claim in writing through secure messaging.

13. fll

fll

Unfortunately Chase turned our requests down, citing the 90 days have passed (ours were from end of October). For the 80K they wanted a proof of the "exclusive" offer with unique ID - I did not have because I was targeted with the 60K offer multiple times until I finally applied. For DH's 30K they simply said offers change all the time and since 90 days have passed, they turned the request down.

I replied to point out many CO holders got their additional miles despite their cards were applied in Aug and Sept last year. Had I known Chase has such policy I would ask for it much earlier and would still be within the 90 days as we were just 2 weeks beyond that. Haven't heard back but I doubt I would get lucky.

Would be interested to hear any of you who got the additional bonuses have your cards more than 90 days ago.

14. lancexfang
    Original Member

lancexfang Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same response from Chase, which is a positive affirmation for people that can find a better deal within the 90 day window. If not, I guess we would just move on and the next best deal is always just around the corner.

Enrollment incentives offered to new cardmembers are
    always changing. Chase is aware that upon opening a new
    credit card account, you may see an enrollment incentive
    that you find more appealing. Based on this, enrollment
    incentives you are resolicited for are honored as long as
    the request comes within 90 days of opening. This account
    was opened in October 2010, which unfortunately is well
    past this 90 day timeframe. For this reason, I regret to
    inform you that I am unable to honor your request for
    additional bonus points.

15. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was very close to 90 days from getting the Chase Continental card, but I did manage to get the 25K bonus when I asked via secure message for the additional bonus miles.

Kalboz likes this.
  16. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    wow... I wonder if Citi does the same... haha... 30k bonus on the AA card from last December maybe they'd like to credit 45k or maybe even 70k if I asked really really really really really nicely?

airshadow and Kalboz like this.
  17. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha - you and me both. I got the personal and biz 30k cards just weeks before they went nuclear with their bonuses last year and I've been shut out from the big bonuses since (existing cardholder). A Chase-style match by Citi would have been awesome and saved me those wasted hard pulls.

18. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 25K adjustment bonus for my CO Chase MC just recently posted to my OnePass account. I received a total of 55K (25K for sign-up, 5K for additional user, 25K for adjustment) + 2.5K (then) Mileathon bonus. I was approved for this card in June 2010, but they gave me the additional bonus, which was very surprising considering many reported that they only gave it for accounts opened within 90 days.

19. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied/received my card for 30k last May. Just emailed - crossing my fingers now!

Kalboz likes this.
  20. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Worked for MrsMiles&Points. Had the 25K Continental offer and had already earned the 5K for additional card member. They still gave the 25K additional miles via secure message in her account. Turned into a 55K signup bonus - awesome!

21. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    :(

22. decerbodsubs
    Original Member

decerbodsubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Casey I received a response like that. Sad for us.

23. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Five emails to customer service later, and success!

sagefemme52 and aitchly like this.
  24. Yeah, I got the 30k cards about a week before Citi started their huge 75k promotion. I called in right away to try and get a match, but the rep I talked with put me down hard saying that there was no way they could do that even though I hadn't even received the cards yet. I still kinda hold a grudge against Citi for that. Glad to hear Chase seems more open to this.

25. I got the 30K United card. Emailed them a few days later and said, I saw the promotion for 50K. They said that they would add 20K more miles next statement. Well, the 20K just posted! Not bad for 5 minutes of emails.