Chase United MileagePlus Club Card

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by knvinvest, Apr 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. knvinvest

knvinvest Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, so I had the CO Pres. Plus card with the $395 annual fee, called Chase last Friday to do a product switch to the new Club Card. The card did not come in your traditional bland white envelope.

It was sent UPS 2nd day Air and weighed about 5 pounds. Came in a hard, silver box (looked like a book) and the card was in a sleeve on the left side with a "Welcome" letter, card-member benefits, and Luxurious Hotel collection book that weighed about 3 pounds. I guess that's where part of my $395 goes toward.

The card is a sleek metallic alloy of some kind, with Chase and United logos in front and my name. The card number, exp. date, Visa/Mastercard logo was in the back. I kept the Mastercard logo since I did a product change over from the CO Pres. Plus card. Account number remained the same as well.

The benefits were virtually the same as the CO Pres. Plus, with exception of points earning potential.
    The Club card earns 1.5 points x $1 spent and 2 points x $1 spend on United travel.

No more Flex PQMs any longer on the Club Card. Annual fee is the same at $395 big ones!!

Sorry, I tried to upload some pictures, but the pics were too much memory so I'll have to retake in lower pixels.

Thanks,
    knvinvest

infamousdx, mht_flyer and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am hating myself cause I just paid for United Club for the first time a month ago. Any change they would do some sort of credit if I want to get this card now?

3. knvinvest

knvinvest Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I understand your question. You got the Club card a month ago and you want to switch?

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    From United Mileage Plus Club Card website:

As a current United Club member, you can apply for the United MileagePlus® Club Card and be reimbursed for the unused portion of your membership once approved for the Card.

For additional details, please refer to Offer Details below.

riceoven likes this.
  5. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks, that's what I was looking for. I called Chase and unfortunately, I cannot combine the targeted offer of the first year free with this reimbursement offer. So now I need to figure out whether I save more money by getting the first year free card offer having paid the annual club fee, or paying the $395 card fee -$95 credit - $xx credit from the reimbursement of my paid club membership.

6. MileCards

MileCards Silver Member

Status Points:
    So it is metal...that clears up some confusion there.

7. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup it's metal. Same style as the Sapphire Preferred; nicer front design, too, IMO. I just received it the other day. I snapped a few pics of it - http://infam.us/IfvkjN

And I was lucky enough to get in on the targeted offer of the first year free.

knvinvest likes this.
  8. knvinvest

knvinvest Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice!

9. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    United CLUB CC, first year free.
    So, I stopped at United lounge at ORD, and noticed a stack of applications for United CLUB CC, first year free, ie, entire $395 fee waived; must apply online by May31.
    checked the brochure out, & noticed each has a unique invitation #, so no use posting here.
    This will beat one-time $95 offset (current general public Chase "promotion").

update:
    My bad! offer already noted in Mileageplus forum; but not in credit cards forum.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, see here: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/mileageplus-club-card-from-chase-no-annual-fee-year-one.34772/