Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Failure

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by SuperW2, Jan 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SuperW2
    Original Member

SuperW2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to transfer some Ultimate Reward Points to Hyatt to secure a booking and have repeatedly (all day) gotten the following message... I'm fairly new to UR and honestly have never transferred any of my existing points. Honestly not quite as quick and dirty as my AMEX MR Points Transfer (they just don't do direct mile xfers into Hyatt).

Is this just a normal system "Glitch" that I should expect resolved soon, or does UR or Hyatt take Sundays (US) off , or should I be worried?

We were unable to complete your request.
    We were unable to complete your request. System unavailable. Please try again later.

2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you... called?

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten it trying to transfer to CO, and got around it by transferring to UA instead. Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work with Hyatt.

I second FlyingBear, call. Sapphire card services answers the phone directly, I can usually get my issues resolved in a few minutes.

4. mileagejunqe

mileagejunqe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I first had the same error message Thursday. Sent a SM to Chase as well as followed up with a phone call. Still no luck.

Date: 01-27-2012 17:07:26
    Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry

Dear

I apologize for any inconvenience faced while transferring
    points to your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate
    department for review and you should receive a response
    within two to three business days.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact the
    number listed below and either myself, or one of my
    colleagues will be able to assist you. For your
    convenience, we are available to assist you 24 hours a
    day.

Thank you,

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I am not mistaken, they were doing some site maintenance this weekend. Try this morning, if it doesn't work then call as other suggested.

LETTERBOY, harvson3 and FlyingBear like this.
  6. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Took less than 2 mins. to resolve via a phone call.

7. SuperW2
    Original Member

SuperW2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, and the fact that I have too call to get what I need done is kind of annoying to me... why have an elaborate web portal that doesn't work?? It kind of turns me off on the entire program honestly. I don't like talking on the phone even if a real person answers, I don't like the up-sale, or can we also "talk to you about xyz protection" or "talk about how you are using your benefits" (not specifically Chase, but across the board when talking to any phone support/marketers)

It's still not working today online, and I guess I'll have to call... if it's this much of a pain to transfer points out of this program, I might move them all and close my Chase accounts all together. It's not worth keeping just to have a cool card (Sapphire) if the back end service doesn't meet my expectations.

8. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it sucks and all. I hate calling with a passion too. But calling CCs is one of the easiest things to do and it gets you answers a heck of a lot quicker than a forum. More importantly, they can just get it done. The guy above you took all of 2 minutes! Count your blessings that you are not using this in conjunction with PC, whose website spends most of the time crashing my web browser.

LETTERBOY and Bluto like this.
  9. mileagejunqe

Status Points:
    Don't know how noname got the transfer done. I called CS yet again today. I I also have a SM in to them. I've been trying since Thursday, 4 days ago, to get the transfer done. No luck and no explanation either. Only saving grace is I'm not leaving for a couple of months and it doesn't rate to be a heavily trafficked time at the Hyatt I want. There will definitely be a big problem if I'm unable to get a room once the points finally do get posted. Works out to better than .02/point for me. Whatever problems I have with Chase, their customer service is so far superior to Citi, I can't complain all that much. And quite frankly, every time I've had a problem with Chase, they've more than made it up to me. Stuff happens - always does - and it's how Chase handles it which I really appreciate. Don't be too hasty about canceling this great card because of one problem.

deant and fewtreezy like this.
  10. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    I actually like calling because I generally get some points thrown at me :)

LETTERBOY likes this.
  11. mileagejunqe

Status Points:
    My Hyatt transfer FINALLY went thru with my THIRD call to customer service.

12. SuperW2
    Original Member

SuperW2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok I called... 3 minutes and 25 seconds later and the points were already showing up in the Hyatt account... I didn't make a big stink or ask for reparations since the person on the phone was so nice (and didn't try to keep me on the phone unnecessarily).

Already booked the Hyatt to round out a trip to Chicago...

mailbroad likes this.