Chase UA explorer question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by MMK2013, Jul 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MMK2013

MMK2013 Member

Status Points:
    So my 1 year no annual fee period is up and my plan was to cancel the card. On the day of the month purchases normally post to the card I checked my acct and saw the annual fee had not been charged (around the 15th) so I since I was busy I put off calling thinking I had another month.

Well when I picked up the mail after work yesterday I got a package from chase w/my anniversary benefits which include 2 free lounge passes and immediately saw the fee just posted. Anyway I still plan to call and cancel as I find my Chase sapphire more useful. My question is are there going to be problems if I keep and use the passes?

2. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do the passes have any sort of serial # on them? I haven't seen one in a while. If not, then you should be golden...

theBOAT

3. MMK2013

MMK2013 Member

Status Points:
    Yes, unfortunately there is a serial # and barcode on the back.

4. Fishing4Deals

Fishing4Deals Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think you will have a problem. I cancelled my United card on the one year anniversary.

5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    the passes are yours. I don't see why they would cancel them. When the annual fee hits your account, you can call and cancel the card.

-David

6. MMK2013

MMK2013 Member

Status Points:
    Thanks all. I guess I'll hold into them.