Chase Transfers

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Justin McCallon, Sep 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2 quick/simple questions regarding Chase Sapphire Preferred transfers:

1) I can presently transfer Chase points 1:1 to Continental points. Let's say I keep my points until after Continental merges with United. Then, let's say I want to spend my Chase points. Any word on whether they will be transferable to United?
    2) Chase added Korean as a transfer possibility. I live in ATL, so having a partner of Delta with easy-to-collect points is great (Delta doesn't have great promotions right now). Let's say I want to move my Chase points to Korean. Just want to make sure... I can then book Delta flights, right? (this would permit a few 50k F.C., admittedly 2 cabin, direct flights to Europe).

Thanks.

2. MileCardInsider

MileCardInsider Active Member

Status Points:
    On 1) the answer is 'theres a good chance' but it's not settled yet. Chase management has only said it's not confirmed. It would be a big blow to their competitiveness with Amex if they lost United/Continental...and it's even less likely they would get American to replace it. So would say odds are pretty good. The card is already differentiated from the United cards by not having the elite upgrade, no mile expiration, or travel benefits.

2) Yes, you can use the Korean points on Delta flights, but only those with the 'low' award availability (not that as a good MilePoint user you'd ever go for the mid or high rewards anyway).

3) There is no 50,000 mile first class award to Europe on Korean. It' 80,000 for business, 50,000 for economy. Still a decent rate.

http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gd/eng/sp/rm/eng_sp_rm_pa02.jsp#6

3. Thank you very much for the reply. On your final point... i belive the listed mileages there are round trip prices, which would make a pretty good deal. Am i mistaken? Thanks.

4. MileCardInsider

MileCardInsider Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes, those are roundtrip prices. You'd save 20,000 miles roundtrip using Korean instead of Delta, provided you can find availability.

5. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed today that Chase Sapphire Preferred members can now transfer miles directly to United.

deant likes this.