Chase SW Application Help

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by salmon515151, Jan 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. salmon515151

salmon515151 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys even though this is my first post don't be afraid to rip into me. I promise I can take it! I recently applied for the Chase SW plus card and I told them I earn 15k annually (I'm in college). However I work for a guy who pays me under the table and doesn't keep any track of how much I am payed. Chase told me to send in my W-2 or 1099 or pay stubs. Of course I don't have any of these because of my boss. The one thing that I can report is the annual return on my investments, but that's only about 500 dollars. I am wondering what you guys think I should do as I am trying to get into this points game and would really like to start racking up the bonuses. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Thank you!

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you send copies of your tax returns?

deant likes this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did they ask for your personal income on your SW card application or for your household income?

deant likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    OP probably does not file any tax return because he earns his income "not official way" ;)

deant likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They typically don't specify. However, based on the current laws, I believe they really are asking for personal income, not household. However, they don't want to really specify because they know that a lot of people are not the DOCUMENTED income earner in the household (i.e. stay at home moms - but they do work their you know whats off to support the family).