Chase sent me another invitation

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by michael21, May 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple of months ago I signed up for the Chase Ink Bold card with a 50k after $5,000 spend...This morning I got the same card offer but with 50k after first purchase..both are made out to my business name. Is there anyway I can get a second card? Like can I put the second card under someone else's name? Like the Vice President or something like that?

Thanks

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    The marketing department is totally different from the department that approves cards. I have received multiple invites from Chase and other banks. They mean nothing. The marketing has no idea if you are eligible for a card.
    So, short answer is no you will not be approved for a second card.
    If the offer is targeted to you, then someone else can not use your offer.

3. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The thing is it was marketed to ABC Company (not my real company name) so it wasn't targeted to me specifically so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the nuances of business cards, so someone else will have to answer that question.

5. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So you're saying there's a chance... :)

6. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My (limited) understanding of these kinds of business cards is that it's still tied to your personal credit report. So if you tried again under your name, you would most likely be rejected since you already have the card. If you tried getting the card in your VP's name, the miles would then go to the VP's Chase account.

I suppose then the VP could transfer the points to you, but that would have to be an arrangement between you two. If the VP wants to keep the points, you're out of luck.

7. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lol well the VP is my wife so I'm not too worried. So I'll try to do it under her name.

8. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha, yes that would make this all a bit easier then. The other reason Chase might reject the app is if they've already reach the max credit that they're willing to give to your business. But if your business does bring in some income and has been around for a little while, it hopefully won't be a problem. Good luck!

9. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's 50,000 UR points after first purchase so I figure it's worth the risk.

FrequentMiler and Slow_Mustang like this.
  10. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sure, I will go for it. The VP is the strong woman behind the success of the business and the home life. :) She deserves the card and the points. And I hope Chase thinks the same way.

If she is declined because they have already given the max credit to the business under your card, then you can call the reconsideration desk and have the credit on your card reduced and this reduction used for her new card. Hope that helps.

11. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've officially applied. I'll let you guys know what happens.

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  12. LoungeLover

LoungeLover Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should always try. What the worst that could happen? the application would be rejected? that's nothing. No harm in trying.

13. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since you have already applied, I guess you can wait and see. But, the info I got is that they allow only one business card per Biz ID and any more cards have to be as authorized user cards for other officers/associates. So, keep your fingers crossed and hope that they make an exception in your case. Do let us know how it turns out. All data points help us in cracking the secret code. :)

14. gwhit21

gwhit21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to the Ink Bold earlier in the year. Last week my business partner got the Ink Bold under the same business id/Ein. Each cards approval was tied to our individual credit worthiness; the business income.

I think your VP shouldn't have a problem getting approved.

Best of luck.

15. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i have recently thought about this issue. I participate in 2 LLPs and my current old and new Ink Bolds are both in my name as Sole Prop. What would happen if i filled an application on behalf of the LLP? Anyone know how they handle an LLP app? would they want the partners info and ask for their personal info? can you get multiple cards for multiple businesses?